Water treatment applications for pH neutralization & correction, removal of VOC’s, organic chemicals, taste & odors, hydrogen sulfide, iron, color, manganese, turbidity and chlorine are handled effectively and efficiently by Atlantic Filter’s line of fully automatic, pressure-media filters. Single-unit flow capacities from 2 gpm (3,000 gpd) to more than 200 gpm (300,000 gpd) are in stock and readily available. All systems are complete with NSF-approved, UL-listed, fiberglass reinforced pressure vessels. Epoxy lined steel tanks and ASME coded tanks are available upon request.
All of Atlantic’s pressure-media filtration systems are available in multiple unit configurations to provide for stand-by capacity, continuous operation or higher system flow requirements and capacities. Systems may be designed to operate utilizing programmable time-clocks, demand-initiated meters or pressure-differential sensing devices.
Atlantic Filter also offers a complete line of cartridge filtration systems with flow rates as low as 0.25 gpm to over 800 gpm. These filters feature positive filtration to any standard micron rating that may be required for the specific application. Systems are available in high density polypropylene and stainless steel.
Taste and Odor Filtration
Atlantic Filter’s taste and odor filters are designed to reduce unpleasant tastes and odors in your water. If foul tastes or odors occur only in certain faucets, the problem is probably the pipes or fixtures dedicated to the particular faucet. If the problem occurs throughout the home, the main water supply is usually to blame. A taste and odor filtration system is then needed. Atlantic Filter’s taste and odor filters treat a variety of different tastes caused by many issues with your water.
- Salty or brackish tasting water: This type of odor is usually caused by a high sodium level.
- Alkali taste: Hard water with a high level of total dissolved solids will lend an alkali taste to your water.
- Metallic tasting water: Metallic tasting water can be caused by inorganic chemicals such as iron, copper and zinc and may be related to minerals that can leach into water from pipes.
- Taste and odor filters also combat unpleasant odors in your water. The most common water odors include:
- A sulfur or rotten egg smell: This odor is usually caused by bacteria growing in your sink drain or hot water heater. It can also be caused by naturally occurring hydrogen sulfide in your water supply.
- Moldy, musty, earthy, grassy or fishy odors: These odors are usually caused by bacteria growing in a sink drain or from organic matter such as plants, animals or bacteria that are naturally present in water sources.
- Chlorine, chemical or medicinal odors: This type of smell is usually caused by excess chlorine in the water or a high level of organic matter in your plumbing system that interacts with the chlorine in your water.
Carbon filtration systems are designed to remove contaminants and inpurities such as chlorine, sediment and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in water. A carbon filtration system uses Activated Carbon to remove undesirables in a water supply through a process called "chemical adsorption." During this process, the carbon that is activated with a positive charge attracts negatively charged water contaminants. Carbon filters offer different capabilities based on the size of the particles that need to be filtered out. Carbon filtration systems also offer different flow rates, with varying levels of filtering efficiency.
Another type of media filtration by Atlantic Filter is designed to treat water that is highly acidic. Acidic water can cause unhealthy levels of copper from leaching pipes. Acidic water can also cause greenish-blue stains on faucets and fixtures. The highly corrosive nature of acidic water is extremely harsh and will drastically shorten the life of all water-using appliances, including dishwashers, washing machines and hot water heaters. Atlantic Filter’s acid neutralizing water filters use naturally occurring, crushed and screened white marble, calcium carbonate media to neutralize acidic water and achieve a more desirable pH level.
Chemical-Free Scale Protection Systems
Atlantic Filter was one of the first to offer exciting new science and technology to the water treatment industry with the introduction of NEXT filtration technologies’ ScaleStop filtration systems. ScaleStop does not require chemicals such as sodium, potassium, acids or phosphates to produce a scale free effect in water distribution systems and especially water heating equipment. ScaleStop is a far simpler “physical water treatment” and offers an effective alternative to “conventional water softening.” The process is referred to as Template Assisted Crystallization (TAC) and ScaleStop neither adds or removes and chemicals from the water. Electricity and salts are not required for these systems to operate, thus eliminating virtually all maintenance costs. ScaleStop systems are available in a multitude of sizes, from under counter (low flow) applications to institutional (high flow) applications and requirements.